Monday, May 13, 2013

And now you know

Well, it is about time I posted about my massive WIP here.

I mean, it is my biggest, longest, most epic creation ever. And it's BLACKTRON! (Though really, if it wasn't, you would never have seen this post.)

If you have been following my Flickr page, you would know that I have been working on a project, a project I have called 'Project D'. You probably also know that Project D is, in fact, a Dalek. A life sized Dalek.

EX-TER-MIN-ATE


And if you haven't been following my progress on Flickr, you now have the chance to follow my progress here, on CiBt. Well, if all goes according to plan.

Anyways, more than just the the head (Which is complete, even with 1/3 of the neck!) is built. I have also completed the fender, and have a framework for the skirt, and 4 of 11 panels of the skirt done, though a couple are going to need some reworking.
There is only two panels shown here, but a couple more are built. In addition to the above, I also have the plunger arm (complete) and the gun (still WIP) and enough of the round white parts on the panels for the rest of the skirt.

An on going project (I started construction last July) the build is slow. Especially considering how much of the parts I actually am having to purchase. AKA, most of it.

That is all for tonight, but I shall leave you with one last picture. At the Calgary Comic and Entertainment Expo, I had brought my head. and Sylvester Mycoy (The Seventh Doctor) was one of the guests. and he came down to the SALUG booth to see my Dalek head. That was the highlight of that weekend, and so far, the highlight of this year.
DOC-TOR!

No comments:

Post a Comment